Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
The world keeps changing everyday and we are continuously gifted with new developments and innovations.
Because of our fast-paced lifestyles, the older generations are finding it hard to keep pace with the latest tech.
Another criticism about today’s young professionals is about the deterioration of health due to the increasing number of fast food chains all over the world. Fast food chains of course are perfect for busy people, in turn sacrificing their health.
That is why to combat this, there has also been a steady increase in health and nutrition campaigns not just for young professionals, but also for all ages. More and more athletics stuff are also made to be easily accessible. Lately, people have been more conscious about their food intake and physical activity.
Aside from exercise regimens and healthy diet plans, people also take supplements and vitamins to help enhance their bones or muscles. These supplements are easily accessible in pharmacies and stores like Walmart or GNC.
However, has it ever occurred to you that people have been so busy taking care of their physical bodies that they seem to have taken for granted the health of their brains? Well, the good news is that nootropics are also rising up in popularity.
Nootropics are drugs or supplements that are taken to improve cognitive functions of the brain. People who want to improve their mood, memory, and ability to learn and focus also take them.
Modafinil: A “Smart Drug” for You
In this world of corporate professionals, start ups, and entrepreneurs, people are gunning for productivity and accomplishments.
The world is full of jetsetters who seem to know the secrets of managing time. Compared to others, these overachievers seem to be able to do more, even though they are given the same number of hours in a day.
Have you heard of Modafinil? It’s one of the most popular and effective nootropics because of its many positive effects on cognitive functions. Though deemed to be a powerful nootropic, it is actually very safe to take because it poses a low risk for abuse.
It is also prescribed for individuals who have problems trying to stay awake during the day and also for those who work different shifts.
The interesting thing is, Modafinil did not really become popular because of this. Rather, it is popular for its nootropic effects—the increase in alertness, increase in learning ability, and significant increase in productivity.
Since it promotes wakefulness, Modafinil is usually taken if you need to stay awake for more hours than you usually would.
Modafinil is popular among students and professionals who stay up late at night but still need to function properly the next day. As you know, lack of sleep can have negative effects on your health such as delayed reaction time, lack of focus, and impaired memory.
With Modafinil, you will still feel fresh and alert even after staying up almost the whole night.
Recent studies have also found Modafinil to have positive effects on patients with ADHD and bipolar disorders. Modafinil is also associated with enhancing motivation and creativity. Recently, it is being studied as a possible tool for cocaine addiction treatment.
If you’re interested to try Modafinil, the easiest way to purchase it is by getting a prescription from your doctor. It is illegal to buy Modafinil without one. It is also illegal in some countries to import Modafinil from other countries.
However, there are a lot of online pharmacies that sell generic versions of Modafinil even without a prescription. In rare instances, your parcel might get held up in customs but usually the online sources offer refunds. Beware of scammers though—there are some who will get your money and send you fake drugs.
For starters, you can read our review of DuckDose, a popular modafinil supplier.
Some things to remember when taking Modafinil
When taking any drug or supplement, there are some information that you absolutely must not forget. When it comes to Modafinil, here are the things you should not forget.
Compared to other nootropics and drugs with similar effects, Modafinil has relatively less side effects. These side effects include headaches, diarrhea, nausea, sore throat, fever, and even vomiting.
Modafinil can also cause skin rashes and irritations. Once this occurs, consult your doctor right away for proper treatment and handling. If you are having a hard time breathing and swallowing, and if you have swelling in your face and legs, stop taking the drug for the meantime and inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Do not consider taking modafinil when you have a history of heart valve problems and if you are allergic to any ingredient included in the pills. Always read the medication guide available to avoid any potential complication.
The usual dosage recommended is 200mg daily, but for first timers, you can start with 100mg daily. You can either buy the 100mg pills or split a 200mg in half. Modafinil should be taken in the morning, unless your doctor prescribes otherwise.
There are those who have taken Modafinil for quite some time already and have upscaled their dosage to 400mg. Again, before doing so, it is recommended to check with your doctor.
So does it show up on a drug test?
So you’re interested to take Modafinil, but your company has random drug tests, and you know the consequences that can happen if something shows up on the results that weren’t supposed to be there.
Do you have to undergo a medical examination for that new job you just bagged? What if Modafinil shows up on the drug test? What are the implications and what should you do? But wait, the real question is: will it actually show up in the test results?
The quick answer is no. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. For most drug tests taken by most individuals, a specific screening method for Modafinil is not included.
Although Modafinil can be detected in your blood and urine, this drug is not something that the drug tests are usually trying to pin point.
Let’s say there is a test that does include a specific screening for Modafinil. It’s okay, because Modafinil is not an illegal substance and is in fact a prescription drug.
Another common question is, what if you test false positive for a drug like an amphetamine? There’s no need to worry because this is highly unlikely anyway. False positives appear when the structure of a substance is chemically similar to the one being screened. Modafinil and amphetamines differ in chemical structure.
In short, Modafinil is not likely to appear on a drug test unless it was designed specifically for that purpose. And if it does show up, it doesn’t really matter because it is a legal substance anyway.
However, it matters to selected individuals such as athletes. Athletes always take drug tests depending on the competition and these drug tests often have different standards.
Recently, Modafinil has been banned by a number of athletic governing organizations. It was in 2004 when the World Anti-Doping Agency banned Modafinil a few days before the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens.
Modafinil has received quite the publicity when athletes were discovered using it as a performance enhancer and a doping agent. Kelli White, a famous sprinter, tested positive and was stripped of her medals. She was also banned for two years and eventually retired from the sport.
Other sprinters who tested positive for Modafinil all hand their ranks and places revoked during the 2003 US Track and Field Championships. Even athletes who have won championships in sports other than track were revoked of their awards because of testing positive for Modafinil.
So basically, company drug tests and pre-employment screenings are nothing to fret about. Employers usually use a standard drug test that looks for drugs such as amphetamines. Modafinil can be detected in the blood but only by specific tests.
You can also inform your test administrator if you are taking Modafinil for excessive sleepiness or any sleeping disorder. It is also best if you bring your prescription along to prove that you are taking it as a treatment and not for recreational use.
If you are taking it for recreational purposes, there are also no bad consequences.
Embrace opportunities and possibilities
Gearing for a new job? Targeting to get the highest grade in next week’s exam? Preparing to attend review classes?
Or just having trouble staying up? Give Modafinil a try and you won’t regret it. Just keep in mind the proper dosage and take it slow.
However, be sure to consult with a doctor first to see if you can be given a prescription for you to be able to purchase it easier.
Consultation with a medical professional is very important because the drug might have different effects on different people, depending on your current health condition, lifestyle, or other drugs and supplements you might be taking.
Whether you have a sleeping disorder, or you have problems staying awake, or you just need a little extra push, you will surely benefit from Modafinil. It can help you surpass your limits so you can achieve more.
After all, in a fast-paced lifestyle, productivity is key and Modafinil will give you the motivation you need to surpass challenges and obstacles that hinder you from succeeding.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil