My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
In this article, I share my experience taking Modafinil from Afinil Express, and explain the best way to use Modafinil as a study drug.
I’ve been taking Modafinil for a few years now, and it’s truly an amazing drug that makes work fun and enjoyable. That may sound like hyperbole, but you don’t need to take my word for it.
Thousands of other people around the world are taking Modafinil (and they’re pretty vocal about its benefits).
But stick around because there’s tons of great nuggets throughout. I cover everything from:
- The basics of Modafinil
- How people get their hands on it
- My experience taking Modafinil for the first time
- How Modafinil and sleep affect your productivity
- My thoughts on whether Modafinil helps you lose weight (with a shirtless pic)
- How Modafinil and caffeine interact
- How and when you should take Modafinil
- (and when you should not take it)
I had a blast writing this and I hope you enjoy it as well.
So here we go, let’s start with the basics.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is a mild stimulant that has the ability to keep you awake, mentally alert, and productive for long periods of time without sleep. Consequently, it can provide a huge advantage to students, businesspeople, and anyone that needs to get more work done than normal hours allow.
The first section of this article looks at the initial effects of Modafinil upon my mind, body, and habits. All of these observations were recorded sporadically during the first few weeks after I began taking the drug.
The idea was to document my perception of Modafinil’s effects while I was still getting used to it. Consequently, the observations recorded appear in an unedited form and may not be 100% accurate.
The next section of the article presents Modafinil’s effects on me in a more edited, elaborated, and reasoned form. The observations listed here are a better guide to what you can expect if you decide to try Modafinil for yourself.
In the final section of the article, I describe what I consider to be the three best ways to use Modafinil if you plan to try it out for yourself.
My recommendations are based upon the observations mentioned in this book, self experimentation, and trial and error. They should work well with you, but you will still have to experiment and see what works best for yourself.
Good luck! Now let’s begin…
How Most People Get Modafinil
Most people get Modafinil through a prescription written by a doctor.
However, it is also possible to obtain Modafinil off-label on sites like Afinil Express, which operates through a clandestine global network and uses a cyrptocurrency called bitcoin. That may sound like something out of a spy movie, but it’s quite true.
I’m not advocating illegal sale of Modafinil, just passing this information on only for what it may be worth.
My Initial Observations of Modafinil’s Effects (first 2 weeks)
When you are tired, Modafinil can make you feel better than you feel when you are not tired, even if feeling tired means operating on only 2 hours of sleep. It takes anywhere between 35 minutes to 2 hours to feel the full effects of Modafinil.
The time it takes to feel Modafinil varies so much because of a few factors, such as: how much sleep you got the previous night, whether your stomach is empty or full, and whether or not you’ve built up a tolerance to the drug.
A list of observations based on my experience (while on Modafinil):
- When you aren’t tired, Modafinil makes you slightly jittered, though not to the extent of preventing your ability to work. You want to work, but your thoughts go so fast that you can feel uncomfortable.
- Modafinil makes it harder to interact with people. You don’t feel awkward, shy, or uncomfortable around others and your conversation flows more eloquently than usual. However, most conversations bore you and you have little interest in people (this Vice article explains it well).
- Modafinil makes you feel confident, but it does not make you feel happy. However, if you feel sad and grumpy when you get tired, Modafinil will alleviate bad moods caused by lack of sleep. Your problems and worries still remain while under the effects of the drug (though like Adderall and other drugs, Modafinil can mask the effects of unhappiness in the short term.)
- Modafinil makes you more productive and able to work for longer.
- Modafinil keeps you awake, but you are still prone to make typical sleep-deprived errors. However, since you are more alert with Modafinil, you are much more likely to catch your errors soon after you make them.
- Modafinil does not prevent your eyes from getting tired if you are sitting at a computer for a long period of time.
- Modafinil amplifies the effects of caffeine.
- It’s easy to underestimate the effects of Modafinil once you take it regularly for a little while. Tolerance actually builds quite slowly.
- As a general rule, assume that Modafinil will keep you wide awake and productive for 12 hours; this means that if you take it at 4 in the afternoon you will be going to bed at 4 in the morning. You can expect Modafinil to last up to 16 hours if you have some caffeine while under its influence.
- Modafinil produces the urge to check and recheck the solutions to math and science problems. You also will compulsively edit any written work; you will read each sentence again and again to ensure perfection.
- Modafinil makes you less interested in sex.
- Sleeping issues / dosing schedule: if you take it at 5PM and go to bed at 6 AM; wake up at 7:30 AM then you take another one and you go to bed at 12 PM that night.
- You can work all night and your mind will be resilient, but your body will still feel fatigued from working so long and avoiding sleep. Taking breaks to eat and drink water is vital and helps maintain your focus and avoid side effects like pressure headaches.
- To get you started, it is a good idea to take Modafinil with a cup of coffee, but only if you normally consume caffeine. Taking a 5 Hour Energy on Modafinil will make you extremely jittery and is not advised.
- When used to prevent sleep, you will find that your days tend to blur together. You feel productive but you also feel somewhat cut off from the world.
- The results are pleasant and lie somewhere between Adderall, caffeine, and fasted zen-like focus.
- Modafinil takes 2 hours to work and then prevents sleep and enhances productivity for 12-14 hours. If you need to get started on a project immediately, I recommend having a small to moderate amount of caffeine with your Modafinil.
- Modafinil can be used both to enhance productivity and remain mentally alert when sleep deprived.
- Modafinil limits my ability to do creative work. Creative work is anything that requires lateral thinking or high-level strategic decisions for my clients and my businesses.
That’s a lot to take in… (I wrote most of those thoughts on Modafinil), but it captures 99% of my experiences thus far.
Besides, sometimes the best way to record your observations is to let them flow freely.
Now let’s untangle each of those observations a bit so we understand how and why Modafinil behaves as it does.
Starting with one of my favorite things: sleep.
How does Modafinil affect sleep and productivity?
However, the amount of sleep you have determines the extent that Modafinil is able to enhance your productivity. If you have a full night’s rest and take a Modafinil in the morning, you will be super productive all day. as you would be if you both received a full night’s rest and took Modafinil.
If you take Modafinil after 2 hours of sleep, you will be slightly more productive than you would be if you got a full night’s rest and didn’t take Modafinil. But, you will be no where near as productive as you would be on a full night’s sleep plus Modafinil.
Here’s a chart that shows how Moda