How long does Modafinil take to start working?
There’s one thing we all need, more than anything: more time.
Regardless of the kind of work we do or how old we are, all of us would like to clock out at the end of the day and know that we have a few extra hours in the day.
That’s not so easy in today’s on-the-go world, where long work hours leave us feeling overstressed, under-appreciated, and simply drained.
However, there’s hope for all you hard-working students and young professionals: nootropics.
These new brain supplements can quickly and effectively boost cognition and improve our moods, keeping us sharp and energized, even after a long day of work or study.
Today we will take a look at one nootropic in particular: Modafinil (aka Provigil).
Modafinil (or Provigil)
First used for the treatment of narcolepsy and other sleep disorders, it has found alternative use as a nootropic drug. It has several verified tests to its credit of promoting increased activity in the brain. The fact that it is approved (with a prescription) by the FDA has made it still more popular.
Everyone is looking for to boost productivity, and when it comes to nootropics Modafinil is no exception. Most people seldom do their research when it comes down to it.
When it comes to this branch of medicine, you need to be acutely aware of a number of factors that can mean the difference between a fantastic day at work and a horrible day with a headache to boot.
One of the oft-repeated questions, when one encounters the Q&A section related to nootropics, is: how fast does it work? And how long does it last?
How quickly does modafinil kick in?
I usually take it the first thing after I wake up, so I’m in the ‘zone’ in about 25-40 mins tops.
Important note: I take Modafinil 200mg from this site.
I’ve heard from my friend who takes it just before heading out to work that it takes about 45 minutes to an hour to kick in.
This could probably be because he takes it after breakfast; it takes time to kick in because it metabolizes along with food.
As nootropic drugs are more than just your average cold remedy, you need to take various factors into consideration before you can get optimal results.
Several attributes like half-life, stacking etc come into the picture. We will look into this in detail as we further progress.
Basically, it is the amount of time the drug has an undiminished effect on your system. Modafinil’s half-life is quite high when compared to the other nootropic alternatives at 12-14 hours.
This means that after a dose of Modafinil in the morning, you’ll feel the effects all day long.
Stacking refers to the idea of combining 2 or more nootropic substances to get maximum advantage.
It helps if they complement each other (called nootropic synergy), so you avoid problems and have the best possible experience.
Note: It’s important to keep track of where you buy Modafinil online. these recommendations are based on Modafinil from Duckdose.
I went along with the regular dosage of 200mg to start off with. I had good results at work with this, but I found that the effects tapered off too quickly and by the end of the day, had very little left in the tank.
To circumvent this, I decided to experiment a bit and took 100mg twice during the day; once before breakfast and the next 100 post lunch.
This I found gave me a lot more clarity throughout the day and effects appeared to last longer. So I decided to stick with it. You can go with whatever your body is comfortable with.
Note that I prefer to take half a dose, whether it be Modafinil or Armodafinil. In fact, most days I like to take a quarter dose of Armodafinil in the morning with coffee.
This has such a subtle effect on my mood and productivity that I barely even notice the drug at all. Further, I don’t get any kind of jitters and I’m able to hang out and socialize normally at the end of the day.
Effects of Modafinil
I usually take a new drug on a day off so it wouldn’t disturb my productivity at work. Having had a few years of experience with other nootropics but never Modafinil, I expected that things would get real hairy, real fast.
I began to feel this slow seepage of color into my vision. It started subtly but then noticeably so. Slowly my auditory channels began focusing on the sounds I wanted to hear rather than let background noise permeate.
I decided to put it to the test; I was working on a project car out in the garage. An old Chevy Nova which has been lying around for quite a bit and feeling lonely. It had a faded, candy red coat of paint.
What better way to test the effects of a nootropic drug than to see if I could restart work on something that I’ve put on hold for so long.
I don’t want to risk of this sounding like an article off Car Builder Magazine, so I will abstract details and say that it went really, really well.
I was working on it throughout the day and only ever stopped for lunch. I had the energy to make it to the end of the day without even so much as an afternoon siesta.
The most significant thing for me through this was that I wasn’t dawdling about like I usually do; I knew exactly what went where and what I had to do next. Add to this the energy to actually do it.
It will kick in soon
Well, I can definitely recommend Modafinil to anyone who needs an extra shot in the arm when it comes to focus, concentration and energy.
All you need to do is follow correct dosages and make sure you have had adequate nutritious food before you get started. Additional supplements, like choline, stacked with this dose can also help a great deal.
With the help of Modafinil in my nootropic regimen, I have a balanced lifestyle, eat and sleep on time. I finally finished building my car.
So I’m gonna take off this weekend for a little R&R with my family.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil