How to take Modafinil for the first time
The question I get asked more than any other is this:
“I’m going to take Modafinil for the first time – do you have any advice?”
Modafinil is mainstream now, no longer some weird nootropic drug belonging to internet denizens and government experiments.
All of my friends have tried it at least once.
So it’s no wonder that I wake up with the same question in my inbox every day: What’s the best way to take Modafinil as a first-timer?
I’m not a medical expert here. Really.
I’m just a guy who’s taken supplements for almost 15 years.
So take what I say with a grain of salt, and not a crutch to use the drug without paying attention to its effects.
That said, there are a few things you should do when taking Modafinil (whether it’s your first time or 50th time).
First time taking Modafinil? Try this.
Step one: get your Moda from a reputable vendor (any one of these is fine).
Compared to prescription stimulants, Modafinil has few side effects.
If anything, you’re probably a little curious and somewhat excited about taking it for the first time – embrace it.
With that in mind, get the following handled and you’ll have a pleasant and productive Modafinil experience: timing, dosage and food.
Take Modafinil 30-45 minutes after you wake up. This is not an exact science, but based on personal experience.
Just as you wouldn’t drink coffee right after waking up, giving your body a little time to naturally wake up first, wait a bit before taking Modafinil in the morning.
I’m not sure when you wake up, but I recommend taking it no later than 8 AM.
The effects last 10-12 or more hours, so any later than 8 AM and you may have trouble falling asleep, which would kill your productivity the following day and the negate Modafinil’s productivity gains.
It’s easy to break the pill in half; you don’t need a pill cutter or knife.
I take mine with a cup of green tea or decaf coffee (total 30-50mg caffeine). In other words, Modafinil and caffeine are fine to take together, but you don’t need caffeine to help wake up or focus. Go easy on the coffee.
Modafinil is best taken on an empty or semi-empty stomach. You will still get the full effect if you take it after eating, but it may take longer to start working.
The important thing is to remember to eat throughout the day as you normally would. Modafinil suppresses your appetite (some people use it for weight loss), so skipping meals might seem like no big deal.
Don’t skip meals or use Modafinil to lose weight. Stick to a normal eating schedule and avoid any unpleasant side effects.
Most importantly: drink LOTS of water when you take Modafinil. This is especially true when taking it with caffeine.
The most common negative side effect of Modafinil is a dehydration headache the next day (again, this will kill your productivity gains and negate the whole experience).
It’s a tool, not a crutch
Again, Modafinil is pretty harmless so don’t worry too much about how things will plan how. Just nail down the 3 variables – dosage, timing, food – and you’ll be in good shape.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil