Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
We’ve all been there before: awake at night, restless, struggling to get to sleep.
…that one sleepless night (or two or ten?) where we had to rush for an important deadline or finish a school project, or study for that important midterms and the coffee really just would not cut it.
Not being able to finish the tasks could be very detrimental to our performance, and might even cost us our jobs.
Sadly, the problems do not end there.
Sleep deprivation has a lot of dangerous effects – but where do we find help?
The level of work expected of Millennials in this day and age require a certain amount of flexibility, with almost no time for rest and relaxation.
Luckily smart drugs like Modafinil can help us conquer those sleep woes and give us that extra dose of energy that we need.
However, we have to arm ourselves with the knowledge needed to use such a drug – so what does happen when we have lack of sleep?
What happens during sleep deprivation?
Dr. Chris Idzikowski of the Edinburgh Sleep Center says we tend to sleep late due to watching TV, texting, or listening to music as “junk sleep”.
In a statement published in the website of the Sleep Council, Idzikowski said that junk sleep is sleep that is less than the quality or eight-hour minimum needed for the brain to rest, in order for a person to function well.
According to Dr. Rosalito de Guzman of the University of Santo Tomas, we have our own biological clock or Circadian rhythm, which governs with our individual sleep-wake cycle.
“Teenagers, who are used to sleeping late, wake up late in the morning. If they wake up and go to school early, they tend to sleep in class to compensate for their lack of sleep, or they don’t wake up early at all.”
Guzman says that sleeping is the body’s way of replenishing lost energy during the day. Other than making up for lost energy, it also provides other important functions like fostering creativity and improving the performance of tasks.
In a study published last 2004 in Nature journal, scientists from the University of Luebeck in Germany demonstrated the importance of adequate sleep in fostering creativity.
Another study conducted at Harvard showed that sleep is necessary in improving our tasks and that sleep deprivation dramatically impairs our ability to learn new information.
Lack of sleep causes decreased activity in the hippocampus, a part of the brain that is necessary for learning and memory, which may lead to a flawed short-term memory.
The Sleep Council also provided other possible effects of “junk” sleep such weight gain, which is 73 per cent more likely to occur when our sleep quality suffers. Lack of sleep also suppresses the immune system, which makes the body more susceptible to diseases.
What is Modafinil?
Modafinil is part of a class of drug called nootropics, or “smart drugs.” It was developed as a drug to treat narcolepsy, which is a disease where people fall asleep randomly during the day.
It can help you stay alert and awake for an extended period of time without experiencing mental fatigue. This is why many students opt to take it before all-nighters.
In normal healthy adults, Modafinil reduces fatigue levels, improves motivation, shortens reaction time, and heightens vigilance and reasoning skills. More than that, Modafinil helps us make better decisions.
A study at Cambridge showed that Modafinil improves our ability to make good decisions by helping us better-control impulses.
Through Modafinil, it can help you achieve a higher sense of alertness that offers a clear mind.
Reviews and experience reports have compared Modafinil to NZT-48, as in that drug from the movie Limitless. What’s better is that Modafinil is actually non-addictive.
But how does it work?
Modafinil is a cognitive enhancer, it works in the brain by increasing adrenergic, dopaminergic and histaminergic activity.
Modafinil blocks dopamine transporters in the brain, which remove dopamine from synapses. This increases the amount of dopamine available in our brain and makes us more creative.
Having few dopamine receptors lead to less filtering and more information. Like caffeine, Modafinil can make us more focused and our brains more discriminatory.
Modafinil also elevates hypothalamic histamine levels, which, unlike antihistamines, makes user more awake and, according to some studies, more sexually active. With the aid of increasing norepinephrine in the hypothalamus, brain activity is increased and help us have more control over our actions.
Modafinil, too, can be a mood regulating drug by fixing our serotonin levels. It also helps in memory improvement and the ability to use emotion in learning, and stimulate neurogenesis or the birth of new neurons.
Glutamate is also elevated when we use Modafinil, which is critical for learning and brain plasticity as it is the “main” excitatory neurotransmitter. This is essential for regulating normal cognitive function including attention and memory.
Is Modafinil legal?
Modafinil is sold in the United States under the brand name Provigil and is considered a scheduled drug, meaning you need a prescription to obtain it legally. You can bring up to 50 pills into the country, provided you have a prescription with you.
Modafinil is also a prescription drug in other countries such as the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Germany, Russia, Sweden, and others.
While some users have claimed to have imported Modafinil for personal use through online pharmacies and store, it’s not without risk. For example, it is only allowed to import in the United States only if you have DEA authorization, with or without a prescription.
Yet, you can easily get it shipped to your doorstep from online suppliers like Duckdose.
How do you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
You can buy Modafinil from Denmark’s NeuroPharm brand. An entire bottle of 60pcs could be purchased for PHP 4,000. 30 pcs are sold for PHP 2,250, and a piece of Modafinil could be purchased for PHP 90.
Modafinil purchase is also available through Nootropics.ph, which sells 10 pills or PHP 1,300, 20 pills for PHP 2,480, 50 pills for PHP 5,850, and 100 pills for PHP 10,400. This is in the form of Modalert 200, a more generic version of Provigil by India’s Sun Pharma.
Editor’s Note: As of August 2016, Nootropics.ph has closed up shop. Thanks to Corpina reader Vincent for pointing this out.
Update: We found another option for buying Modafinil in the Phils: Smart Drug PH. The Modafinil from Denmark’s NeuroPharm brand is available at their store, Smart Drug Pharmacy, known as Smart Drug PH.
They also sell Modalert 200 and Armodafinil at a very low cost with discounts for repeat customers.
Smart Drug PH has been selling Modafinil in the Philippines since 2013 and, from the sound of it, they’ve built strong relationships with their customers.
What is Adrafinil?
Adrafinil is a legal version of Modafinil that has similar effects, but is significantly weaker. The reason for this is that Adrafinil is converted into Modafinil in the body.
The manufacturer of Modafinil originally developed Adrafinil first when looking for drugs that would keep people awake.
Once direct synthesis of Modafinil was made possible, they ceased production of Adrafinil and focused exclusively on Modafinil, eventually marketing it in the US as Provigil.
Most people who want the benefits of Modafinil but don’t want the risk often turn to Adrafinil, which is legal to use, buy and possess without a prescription (you can still buy Adrafinil legally online without a prescription here).
Modafinil is worth trying, especially if you haven’t tried smart drugs yet. Of course, you shouldn’t be totally reliant on them, as these products are more effective coupled with a healthy diet and lifestyle, but the lifestyle improvement Modafinil provides is a worthy investment.
Sleep deprivation could lead to serious side-effects such as weight loss, lack of concentration and lack of focus that could be detrimental to our performance.
Modafinil is a nootropic, which can help us function better by boosting neurotransmitters and help us become more active and sleep-resistant. Yet when it comes to productivity, Modafinil is as effective as caffeine, and more effective than many other smart drugs because it provides noticeable benefits without many side-effects.
Despite its rather costly price, it may be a good idea to try Modafinil for a month and see the results for yourself. This is especially the case given we are living in an age where sleepless nights aren’t really something easy to escape – and what better way to conquer such trials with the help of a smart drug as reliable as Modafinil?
Though a bit costly, Modafinil is used and recommended by numerous experts in different industries.
If you end up buying it in the Philippines through Nootropics.ph, or through some other vendor, please leave a comment below and let me know how it went!
- Sleep Council – How To Get a Good Night’s Sleep
- National Library of Medicine – Modafinil Information
- Gwern – Modafinil
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil