How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
Many people are getting turned on to the increasing popularity of smart drugs.
Consequently, they have a lot of questions, the kinds of questions you ask about anything you ingest.
You want to know what the side effects are, what the likelihood is of you experiencing said side effects and whether or not such side effects are a permanent occurrence while taking the drug.
Such is the case with Modafanil, a eugeroic nootropic that is being marketed as an energy-boosting agent and fatigue tonic. I know you’re wondering, will this drug affect my sex life negatively as so many drugs do?
Well, the answer isn’t quite clear.
While the FDA warns that the “stay awake drug” has detrimental effects, such as acute full-body rashes, they make no mention of sexual abnormalities.
However there have been a rash (no pun intended) of reports online of sex-related effects.
What Modafinil Users Are Saying
Folks on Reddit have been extremely vocal about the potential consequences of taking Modafinil, specifically where sexual side effects are concerned. Redditors have posted about their extreme awareness of their genitalia with one user saying that he became “painfully aware” of his appendage.
Apparently the keen focus and relief of anxiety that the drug provides make for an uptake in libido and a clarity where one’s body is concerned.
A case report published by several experts in the field cites hypersexuality as one of the drug’s many corollaries.
Some are touting Modafinil as “magic in a bottle,” and Drug Informer lists an increase in sex drive among the wonder drug’s sundry benefits to the user. But no drug works the same on every person who takes it.
After all, many persons afflicted with maladies such as Fibromyalgia have been prescribed the drug Lyrica, only to suffer additional fatigue as well as vicious night terrors and urinary retention.
While many have celebrated Modafinil and its erotic impact on their lives, others haven’t been nearly as pleased.
The Lower End of the Spectrum
A person who took fifty milligrams of the drug for two days and then subsequently took a dose of one hundred milligrams found that it caused erectile dysfunction. He found, on the second day, that he could only achieve a partial erection, one that was short-lived.
This same person complained of pelvic pain right above his genitals and a tenderness in one of his testicles.
Some on Reddit have also warned that ED could present as a side effect. One such Redditor was a twenty-year old male in excellent and athletic physical condition with no history of substance abuse. He experienced trouble achieving and maintaining an erection and found that his sex drive was still somewhat in question even after discontinuing usage of Modafinil.
Many drugs sites also report Erectile Dysfunction has a bane of taking Modafinil. The site eHealthMe suggests that most incidents occur in users that are fifty or older.
The addendum on this one, however, is that such cases have occurred in users who remain on the drug for six to twelve months, take other medications concurrently and suffer from clinical depression.
That is where the pool becomes murky, when you consider the mitigating factors behind any drug’s side effects.
Can Modafinil make you a sexual dynamo?
Can it make you queasy?
Does it cause cancer in lab rats?
What else were those lab rats taking that could have contributed to that cancer?
It’s all relative.
But…the question remains. What does Modafinil do to your sex drive?
The Main Issue
If there is a take-away about Modafinil it is this:
This nootropic is a stimulant and, as such, it may stimulate you in any number of ways.
Every person’s biological make-up is different. Most folks know, from past doctor’s visits and family trees, what they are genetically predisposed to.
If your father and his father and his father’s father suffered from heart attacks, maybe don’t pop that next Viagra, Papi!
What I’m saying is, Modafinil has been known to yield a wild boost in libido, but it has also been shown to decrease one’s mojo all the same.
While reports of an increase in libido are far more prevalent than those of impotence that does not mean you’re gonna be walking tall and laughing easy like that guy from the Enzyte commercials.
The best thing one can do before taking Modafinil is consider their medical history. If you are a person who has a history of losing wood due to drug intake, maybe stay away from this one.
On the other hand, there is always that young Adonis who only had fifteen percent body fat when he took a two hundred milligram dose and found himself droopy.
In other words, as with all drugs, when it comes to Modafinil you should consult with your physician before risking adverse or even positive effects to your manhood (or womanhood).
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil