How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
Modafinil is a nootropic which increases energy levels and alertness – specifically for those people who have a problem getting enough sleep.
Mostly, it is used as a crucial component in nootropic stacks designed to help individuals study and for other productive tasks. Modafinil users often state that this supplement gives them a bigger energy boost than other stimulants.
It is the preferred nootropic for its ability to enhanmce concentration. Clinically, it is prescribed for people who suffer from narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea and other sleep-related disorders.
Note: this article discusses the half life of Modalert 200, which I get here.
Where did Modafinil come from?
Modafinil is an analeptic drug, also classified as a “smart drug” that is known to improve performance of a subject weakened by fatigue and lack of sleep.
Created in 1970 by a French medical professor Michel Jouvet, it continued to be used as an experimental treatment for narcolepsy back in 1986. Narcolepsy is a condition that can cause people to fall asleep at any time during the day.
Since then, the use of modafinil has expanded to treat other conditions, such as shift work disorder and chronic daytime sleepiness associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
For this reason, it is commonly used as a nootropic to improve cognitive performance in people who do not get enough sleep otherwise. Using Modafinil elevates locomotors activity and histamine in the central nervous system.
The effects of Modafinil are presented to wear off once the natural concentration of neuronal histamine has been depleted by a powerful inhibitor.
Side effects of Modafinil
Modafinil is considered safe, without harmful side effects when used as directed. There are some mild side effects of Modafinil you might encounter during regular use, including vomiting, dry mouth, headache, rapid weight loss and insomnia.
How long does it take for Modafinil to wear off?
Modafinil should be taken very early in the morning so that their effects can last the whole day and wear off late at night so your regular sleep cycle isn’t interrupted. However, Modafinil is processed differently for every other individual.
For some, it might last up 20 to 24 hours before wearing off (though this is rare). Yet others still have to take it twice a day to enjoy the full benefits. The supplement ideally takes 30 minute to an hour to kick in, and lasts for roughly 8-10.5 hours.
(Note: Armodafinil is a bit stronger, and takes about 10-12 hours to fully wear off).
If you use this supplement as a method to fight sleeping disorders if you work at different shifts, then consider taking the supplement, at least, one hour before the start of work. Most user comments say it is almost impossible to fall asleep within 12 hours of taking this medicine, so plan your intake of the medication accordingly.
Also note: if you take Modafinil very regularly (more than 3 times a week), the residual effects seem to stay in your system for much longer than 10 hours. For example, if you took Modafinil 5 days in a row, it would take a day or two before you feel 100% “normal” again.
If you keep this up for weeks or months, it could take up to a week without Modafinil before your brain fully resets — so don’t overdo it!
The recommended dose is typically 200 mg taken once a day, usually in the morning. Some people suggest starting with a 100 mg dose for the first week so that people can become familiar with the effects. It is also possible to higher doses.
Up to 400 mg per day has been shown to be very well tolerated. However, it is also unclear whether or not the increase in dose will be additional benefits. For those who are unaware of the impact of this drug on their body, it is recommended you consult a qualified doctor before you get started.
Modafinil has been shown to help people stay awake and active, as well as make their minds much clearer if their memory has been exacerbated by the onset of sleep deprivation.
Successful studies have shown a correlation between the use of this medicine and maintaining cognitive function. For a general increase in focus, concentration and short-term memory, I would recommend Modafinil.
Ensure you talk to your doctor before taking it, and take the correct dosage as prescribed. It should also be taken very early in the morning and not during the day as it may prevent you from sleeping.
When you decide to start on Modafinil, individuals should do their research and understand how to get the most out of your medication.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil