STOP Anxiety With These Natural Beta Blockers
If you are like me, you may battle with anxiety issues that affect your everyday life. Do you quickly become overwhelmed?
Does the idea of getting up in front of a group of people paralyze you? Do you hate crowds and avoid crowded venues?
If so, you may want to try taking natural beta blockers for anxiety.
What are Natural Beta Blockers for Anxiety?
Before you can decide which natural beta blocker will work best for you, you first need to understand what a beta blocker is. In general beta blockers inhibit norepinephrine and adrenaline from attaching themselves to nerve receptors that are called beta receptors. It is this action that assists in lowering anxiety, blood pressure, and heart rate.
Pharmaceutical beta blockers are often prescribed by physicians in order to treat high blood pressure, anxiety, and heart issues; however these synthesized beta blockers do have significant side effects such as:
- Blurred Vision
- Stomach Cramps
Fortunately for us, there is an assortment of herbal beta blockers for anxiety available in supplement form that has been scientifically proven to reduce anxiety without the side effects that you may have with pharmaceutical forms of beta blockers. Some of the more effective natural beta blockers are:
- Kava Extract – Kava extract is the kavalactones that have been extracted from the Kava Root. These extracts have been used for centuries to reduce anxiety and depression and are available in concentrated capsule form to use as dietary supplements.
- L-Theanine – Found in tea, L-Theanine is an amino acid that has been found to relieve anxiety without causing drowsiness.
- Ashwagandha – Ashwagandha is sometimes referred to as Withania Somnifera. This herb has been successfully used to reduce stress and anxiety within the Indian culture for hundreds of years. Its ability to lessen immunosuppression that is caused by stress has prompted oncologists to begin recommending its use to their cancer patients.
- Bacopa Monnieri – This Indian herb has been used as a focus or memory enhancer for centuries, and its ability to improve memory or attention has been directly linked to the herbs natural beta-blocking abilities that reduce stress and anxiety.
- 5-HTP – This is directly related to serotonin production, and by taking 5-HTP you increase the amounts of serotonin in the brain which regulates mood, sleep, and appetite.
In addition to the homeopathic beta blockers for anxiety listed above fish oil, inositol, Rhodiola Rosea, lavender, and Magnesium are also considered to be natural beta blockers that work to relax the body there for reducing anxiety.