Ostarine (MK-2866) Review for Muscle-Building [Cutting & Bulking]
Ostarine is generally considered to be one of the cheapest SARMs (Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators) around which is why it has become increasingly popular among bodybuilders and nutraceutical enthusiasts.
Word of mouth about SARMs has been spreading over the last few years thanks to these research chemicals’ potential to burn fat and build muscle without the harmful side effects associated with anabolic steroids.
Ostarine, otherwise known as Enobosarm or MK-2866, was chiefly developed to combat the symptoms of osteoporosis and has been closely studied to this end. It is believed to be helpful in treating muscle wasting and similar conditions.
However, the online community has been largely divided on whether this particular SARM is actually effective for building muscle mass with some calling it a miracle drug and others flat-out debunking it.
Today, we’ll take a closer look at the effects of Ostarine (MK-2866) from Proven Peptides, how it works and why it might be a worthy addition to your own SARMs stack.
Things to Consider Before Buying Ostarine (MK-2866)
Like similar selective adrogen receptor modulators (SARMs), MK-2866 targets a number of developmental factors by binding to receptors within your body and producing osteo- and myo-anabolic activity.
Taken orally, it is said to have some incredible benefits such as building lean body mass, specifically when caused by age-related decline.
Ostarine might be right for you if you’re looking to trim down, strengthen your bones or maximize your workout.
It’s been shown to improve physical function in otherwise healthy senior citizens in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Its effects in combating muscle wasting—a condition associated with cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and end-stage renal failure—has been significant in preclinical studies.
Athletes and bodybuilders may also see incredible results from taking an Ostarine cycle. When combined with strength training and a healthy, balanced diet, you can expect to see a boost in muscle-building effects.
Unlike other SARMs, Ostarine has shown therapeutic promise as a treatment for diabetes. In fact, the Memphis-based pharmaceutical company GTx who coined the Ostarine™ have said that a Phase II clinical trial of sixty geriatric men and sixty postmenopausal women showed a dramatic reduction in insulin and glucose levels after 3 mgs of MK-2866 was administered.
Whereas steroids are generally taken strictly for bodybuilding purposes, MK-2866 or Ostarine acts more like a biohack, something that can benefit anyone who wants to remain in good shape, regardless of whether they’re pumping serious iron or, simply, looking to lose a few pounds before it’s bikini season.
MK-2866: Pros and Cons
Ostarine (MK-2866) may assist in increasing muscle mass, improving bone strength and fortifying general body composition.
It is available in pill, powder and/or liquid form, and can be safely taken in short and long-term cycles to reap its health benefits.
The ideal supplement for those looking to trim down for the sake of staying healthy while building or sustaining strength, Ostarine should be combined with exercise and a protein-rich diet.
So maybe this sounds like something that’s right up your alley, but before you run out and pick up a bottle, let’s explore the pluses and minuses of this unique SARM.
- Ostarine is legally available and can be purchased online in the US.
- It is clinically-proven to reduce insulin and glucose levels in both men and women, particularly in the elderly.
- It can be taken by mouth without the need for painful injections or consultation.
- It is a natural supplement that directly stimulates growth hormone, not some detrimental anabolic steroid.
- It doesn’t cause menstruation or dramatic changes to sexual organs.
- It increases BMD (Bone Mineral Density).
- It doesn’t negatively effect blood pressure levels.
- No serious side effects
- Not estrogenic
- It isn’t Andarine and, therefore, does not cause vision problems.
- It retains nitrogen, preventing against nitrogen wasting.
- Does not present with the side effects typical of cancer treatments (hot flashes, decreased libido, decrease in physical performance, et al.)
- May cause mild dry mouth after more than six days of continuous use
- Can lead to suppression
- There is insufficient data to determine the prospective long-term effects of Ostarine use.
- Reportedly has a terrible taste with one forum member posting that it tasted like gasoline and vodka.
- Other mild side effects have been reported, including headache