Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
You only have to watch the Olympics to understand what amazing physical feats the body is capable of.
These finely tuned and calibrated machines are superhumanly better at any event than an average Joe.
My personal favorite is the 100 meters. The first time I saw it for real was during the London 2012 Olympics.
One thing I can tell you is that they all look much smaller on TV! As the starting gun went off, these guys were off like a shot, seemingly gaining speed and momentum throughout the whole distance.
I started wondering ‘what if there was something that could help our mental strength reach Olympian status?’
I did my research and found out that there was something that could actually help my brain perform everyday tasks much quicker.
That is how I stumbled upon nootropics.
Let me tell you about how a regular day progresses for me. Get up, brush, shower, eat and trudge off to work. Most of the day I feel listless and I don’t have that drive I had when I first got the job.
Sometimes I get needlessly anxious about a meeting that is about to happen or depressed because I have to put in extra work on account of a team mate not reporting in.
When I finally get back, I just crash in front of the TV, aimless and tired. Have a beer maybe and get supper ready. Eat and get to bed. And the next day, do all of this again. I was sad, depressed and not able to focus.
But one day I decided that this had to stop. I wasn’t living my life, I was just falling through time. And I hoped that nootropics had that key to a better life.
During one of my zombie modes in office, something interesting caught my eye when I was researching for stuff online. ‘Want to supercharge your brain?’
This is going to be bogus, my brain seemed to say. Little did I know that this would actually end up changing my life, changing everything!
The link I clicked was from a site called Duckdose. I came across this odd-sounding drug, Modafinil. The more I read about it, the more it fascinated me. Hundreds of questions bounced around in my head. Is this real? Would this work? Will it cost me a fortune?
I decided then that I would continue reading at home. The rest of the day at office went painfully slow.
Soon as I got home, I impatiently booted up the computer and starting browsing. I found that Modafinil is a drug that promotes wakefulness and alertness.
The interesting fact was that there are benefits that a lot of people were writing about like increased responsiveness, memory retention, endurance to last a full 12 hour work day, etc.
Maybe, just maybe, I could use Modafinil for depression as well.
I wanted to learn more!
Modafinil is basically used for the treatment of narcolepsy. But it has several other benefits which are well-documented in all types of nootropic forums.
One of the most common things I heard was the ability to work through the day without any loss of drive or lag in performance. This would help me a great deal, because I was already bored from lack of mental stimulation.
Many people also have increased response to events, for example, in the case of a client call turning bad in a short notice. People were able to use this heightened awareness to resolve things amicably and prevent further damages.
One person used it to prepare a presentation for his company all through the night and present it the next day with no tiredness whatsoever! The more I read about this stuff the more I’m thinking this could be amazing!
Well, alright, I was sold on the idea. Now I was thinking where I could affordably (and legally) buy nootropics online. Preferably somewhere they could deliver it easily and quickly.
Where do I buy Modafinil
The first site I visited was Duckdose. The site was well laid out and made for easy reading. It also had clear info about everything that I’d wanted to know about nootropics, and they seemed to have good deals on them.
They stocked 200mg Modafinil tablets and were available in 40, 80, 100, 200, 300 tablet packs. They also had the option to pay in Bitcoin, which I assumed was for anonymity.
Pretty soon, I was done with ordering and waiting for my pills to arrive. I’d ordered a 40 pack to start off and test the waters, so to speak. I will admit that I was pretty impatient during the waiting period!
I’d read about dosages from the manufacturer as well as several other sources. Most of them stipulate that any quantity above 200mg can add no beneficial effects. It was in tablet form with M embossed on one side and 200 on the other.
People take them first thing in the morning and few others take them just before they start their shift at work. I thought I would go with the hour before shift theory.
My Experience with it
While I was getting ready to head out the door, I popped in a tablet. It was an hour’s commute to where I work. So it was nearly perfect timing. I didn’t feel anything for nearly half an hour.
After my commute as I was heading to the office elevator, I suddenly noticed the elevator lights seemed… brighter somehow. I put it down to placebo effect and went about my work.
Strange thing is, I never once through the first half of the day had any negative thoughts that led me to depression.
I kept my head down and my focus and concentration were as good as when I was much younger.
This was definitely not placebo because I felt great. I was smiling more than usual, more upbeat, able to take on more work… it was actually like magic!
After I got back, I had none of the ‘house of cards’ collapse associated with other drugs. I think I might have just found my ideal drug!
Well, this has been a journey of self-discovery for me, and with none of the huge drama normally associated with it.
I didn’t have to get stuck in a mountain crevice in the middle of nowhere, hunted by a grizzly, have a near death experience, none of it. All it took was some research and a little push in the right direction.
I would like to add however, research includes what kind of nootropic drugs you may be allergic to. In this case, the best thing would be to consult your doctor before you take them, just like any other drugs.
I hope you also find your drug of choice for whatever brain improvements you wanna make for yourself!
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil