When Should I Take 5-HTP?
If you’re someone who thinks about your health and is concerned about your own personal well being, you should consider taking 5-HTP.
There are many nutritional and health supplements available on the market today and you should really do your research before integrating one into your own routine. This article will tell you a little more about 5-HTP and when is the best time to take it.
What Is 5-HTP?
5-HTP, is also called oxitriptan and it comes from a plant. Specifically, 5-HTP is a shrub native to West Africa with a thick, woody bark.
The plant is the Griffonia simplicifolia, and who would have thought that such a small, relatively unknown bush from another continent could benefit your health in so many ways. The following article will discuss some of the benefits of 5-HTP and when you should take it or add it to your diet.
Benefits of 5-HTP
The benefits of 5-HTP come from its basic components. These include an amino acid that is found in the body already.
The components of 5-HTP actually mimic some of the body’s naturally occurring hormones and elements too.
These include neurotransmitters and other steroids. In fact, you get a boost of natural hormones when you take 5-HTP which is one of the reasons it works so well.
So, when should you take it and why should you take 5-HTP?
Well, the early research has shown that the compound has a variety of uses and can benefit your health in a variety of ways.
One of the most common reasons to take 5-HTP is to help control your weight.
Having mood swings, feeling anxious or even depressed? 5-HTP can ease these negativity as it interacts with the brain’s chemistry directly and integrates into your body like a natural component.
If you want to take 5-HTP to supplement your mood, you should know that it should be taken daily to receive the full benefit.
Take 5-HTP if you’re suffering from insomnia or if you have addiction issues. It can be very effective if you have an addictive personality and that includes behavior as well as substances.
The way 5-HTP can help your brain function is through the production of serotonin. Serotonin is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps with many of our daily functions.
In fact, serotonin is tied into “feeling good” and also is correlated with better sleep. If you want to feel better, serotonin is key and that is where 5-HTP comes in.
When Should I Take 5-HTP?
Many of us live in the modern world and we don’t have much time to rest or take a break. If this sounds like your lifestyle, 5-HTP is perfect for you.
The supplement will work differently for each person taking it. It will also work differently depending on the kind of issue you’re trying to address.
Another nice thing about taking this supplement is that it can help improve other things in your life too. For example, 5-HTP can help mediate your mood and improve energy levels.
It does this by helping replace and encourage the serotonin levels in your body. You should take 5-HTP if you have a poor diet or aren’t getting enough serotonin in the foods you consume and that’s perfectly natural since many foods lack it anyway.
Consider taking 5-HTP if you want to lose weight. Recent studies have indicated that the supplement encourages weight loss.
When paired with a healthy diet and exercise, 5-HTP is very effective in helping you lose weight and feel better about yourself. If you’re interested in a diet that is high in protein or if you’re on a diet that is protein-only, you should also look into adding 5-HTP to your diet because protein will reduce your serotonin levels.
When you take 5-HTP, you are supplementing this component and you can continue your high protein diet without side effects. It can also help reduce some of your cravings and help you lose weight by reducing the amount of food you’re taking into your body.
If you’re wondering about taking 5-HTP if you have problems with depression or even a mood disorder, you’re in luck. The supplement is perfect for that too. Current scientific studies have shown an improved mood when the patient took 5-HTP in addition to their normal medications. The supplement also had the ability to improve sleep patterns and operated much in the same way as antidepressants.
How Do I Take 5-HTP?
If you want to sleep better or get rid of your insomnia, take 5-HTP approximately 20 minutes before bedtime. You will start to feel more relaxed, calm and sleeping within just a few minutes.
You can also supplement your 5-HTP with other vitamins or multivitamins. If you stack the supplement you may even get that much more out of it in terms of benefits.
You don’t even have to take a high dosage but ensure you read the label to determine the dosage that is right for you. If the bottle states to take multiple pills, you can try out one then move up.
Taking 5-HTP isn’t complicated, but it does require a little bit of trial and error on your part.
You should also do your research into 5-HTP and how it can work for you.
Understanding why you are taking it will help you understand when you should take it.
Consult with your doctor before changing anything related to your diet and health. If you’re starting a new exercise program, tell your doctor about the addition of 5-HTP into your routine.
More on taking 5-HTP
- Can You Drink Alcohol and Take 5-HTP at The Same Time?
- When Should I Take 5-HTP?
- How Long Does It Take for 5-HTP to Work?
- How To Take 5-HTP To Get The Most Benefits
Supplements for mood enhacement
- Memantine HCL Review: Complete Guide to Dosage & Side Effects
- Can You Get High On Baclofen?
- Niagen Review: the Best Anti-Aging Supplement Available?
- My Experience with 3 Mood Boosters from Nootropics.com
- The Best Prebiotic Supplement: Prebiotic+ From NaturalStacks
- Top 11 Mood Enhancing Supplements in 2017
- Inositol – A Sugar For Treating Diseases
- Methylene Blue as a Nootropic: Full Review
- Top 10 Mood-Boosting Nootropic Supplements
- Rave Smart: 6 Nootropic Alternatives to MDMA and Alcohol
- SAM-e – A Nootropic for Improving Cognition & Fighting Depression
Supplements for anxiety
- Bromantane Review: Quite Possibly the Best Anti-Anxiety Nootropic
- Does Valium Provide a Relaxing High… or Make You Feel Cloudy?
- Can You Get High On Baclofen?
- 10 Best Natural Supplements for Anxiety
- 9 L-Theanine Benefits That Go Far Beyond Anxiety
- The Best Passion Flower Supplement Brands (For Anxiety)
- STOP Anxiety With These Natural Beta Blockers
- Top 12 Anti-Anxiety Herbs to Help You Relax Quickly
- L-Theanine Supplement For Anxiety: What Is The Best Brand?
- Ashwagandha For Anxiety: Is This The Perfect Cure?
- 9 Essential Anxiety Supplements That Are Worth Trying
- What is the Best 5 HTP Supplement for Anxiety
- Alternative Anxiety Medication: Do OTC Supplements Work?
- How Working Out In Nature Alleviates Anxiety
- 6 Treatments for Social Anxiety That Actually Work
- The 3 Best Nootropics for Memory, Anxiety, and Motivation
- Picamilon – An Incredible Mood-Improving Nootropic
- What Are The Best Doses of Phenibut (For Sleep and Anxiety)?