Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
Modafinil is a eugeroic or wakefulness-promoting agent that is used by medical practitioners for the treatment of adults with various sleep disorders such as shift work and narcolepsy.
Although this prescription medicine is found highly effective, there are still issues surrounding it. One of these is Modafinil overdose.
Today’s post will shed light on this imperative matter.
Modafinil Overdose – Possible or Impossible?
Possible. It is very easy for one to overdose on any drug.
Having an overdose of Modafinil or any other drug essentially means that your body has a lot of measure of the drug more than it can handle that consequently the body becomes poisoned.
Is It Lethal?
Clinical trials were conducted to observe whether one could overdose on Modafinil.
Amounts of about 1,000 mg to 1,600 mg a day were administered to some test subjects. The dosage given to these people exceeded the normal amount of the drug administered normally by up to 8 times that of the recommended Modafinil dose.
These huge amounts were continuously administered to the test subjects for a period of approximately 21 days.
The experiments and observations continued and the test subjects were given seriously huge overdoses of 4,000 mg to 4,500 mg which is totally extreme for any individual.
However, surprisingly enough, none of the test subjects reported any experiences of life-threatening results. The only side effects the test subjects experienced as a result of the huge overdose involved:
- Elevations in the heart rate
- Heart palpitations
- Sleep disturbances
The conclusion of the experiment was that it was not possible for an individual to die or experience serious health problems as a direct relation to an overdose of Modafinil.
Modafinil has been since released to the public and there have not been cases of death related to the Modafinil overdose alone.
Overdoses of Modafinil have only been reported when related to use with other drugs simultaneously. Even a small kid of up to 11 months old can take 800 mg and survive.
Since its release to the public, Modafinil has not resulted in cases of accidental ingestion by kids.
How Much Is Too Much?
The Modafinil dosage that can prove lethal to the body ranges to amounts up to 12,000 mg which is an exorbitant amount for an individual to take.
In any instance of an overdose of Modafinil, it is crucial to monitor their heart rate as Modafinil raises contradictions with the heart and considering that many people suffer from heart complications.
In a case of absence of significant complications from the overdose, there is no need to worry and a simple stomach pump will get things back to normal.
Though one cannot overdose on Modafinil, it still has some risks such as:
- A negative effect on the development of one’s skin.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders
- Hypersensitivity reactions
While Modafinil overdose is possible, there has been no reports of lethal effects to date.
However, you must still proceed with caution. Remember to consult a medical practitioner prior to using the drug to avert problems associated with its use.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- What Are the Best Nootropics to Stack with Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- What Is The Ideal Modafinil Dosage?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- Can you bring (Provigil) Modafinil through customs in Asia?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil