How Long Does Modafinil Last?
People who have trouble staying awake may have gotten an answer to their prayers a few years ago. Modafinil is a drug that is meant to increase alertness and keep people awake over the course of the day.
Luckily, due to its chemical makeup, it has not been proven to be addictive. This means users can use it daily to help with their problems, and they won’t have to worry about user abuse from people solely looking for a quick high.
But of course, the most prominent question many people ask is – how long does Modafinil last?
How Long Does Modafinil Last?
Chemically speaking, a 200 mg dosage of Modafinil has a two-hour kick in time.
So, if you are going to be taking this drug for work purposes or for a long road trip, plan accordingly. You need at least 2 hours to let the chemicals break down and connect with the receptors that they need to in order for the drug to function.
After those two hours, the drug has a half-life of 10-12 hours. To make that more clear, after roughly 10 hours, half of the chemicals that were added to your body will have been used and the product will start to taper off in terms of its effect on your body.
For people with shifting schedules or having the same shift every day, developing a schedule that works is necessary.
If you have the same shift every day, wake yourself up to take the pill and then fall back to sleep for another couple hours. When you wake up, you will feel alert and ready for your job.
Then, you have ten hours of alertness to operate with. By creating this schedule, the drug may help your body learn that it needs to be alert during these times and your need for the drug may go down over time.
Will It Alter Sleep Patterns?
Through extensive medical studies and hours of testing, scientists have found no problems with their subject’s ability to fall asleep after taking the drug. The reactions that occur within your brain that are enacted by the drug don’t mess with your sleep cycle after the drug has effectively kept you awake.
In short, your ability to sleep or not is all on you.
How long does Modafinil last? Well, the general consensus is that it can keep you awake for 10 to 12 hours on average.
It is also worth noting that while averages are given, your experience with Modafinil may have different results as far as the length of time that the drug is useful, and that sleep patterns will not be affected.
Keep in mind that not everyone is alike and some people experience longer and shorter times where they feel alert and awake. Be smart about the drugs you take and the ways in which you take them to supplement your natural body cycles.
More on taking Modafinil
- Modafinil – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How Does The Liver Convert Adrafinil Into Modafinil?
- How To Time Adrafinil (and Modafinil) With Coffee & Tea
- Do Antidepressants Interact with Adrafinil or Modafinil?
- 4 Real-Life Limitless Pill Alternatives (and Where To Get Them)
- How Long Does Modafinil Last?
- Modafinil Overdose: Is It Possible or Impossible?
- Modafinil For Weight Loss: Does It Help Burn Fat?
- Taking Modafinil without A Prescription: Legal or Illegal?
- Does Modafinil (Provigil) Make You Feel High?
- Does Modafinil Show Up On A Drug Test?
- Everything You Need To Know About Modalert
- Why Does My Head Hurt after Taking Modafinil?
- How Modafinil Strikes the Perfect Balance With Dopamine
- How long does it take Modafinil to wear off?
- Why is Modafinil so expensive?
- How does Modafinil affect your sex life?
- My Experience With Modafinil: Review and Beginner’s Guide
- How Does Modafinil Work?
- How to take Modafinil for the first time
- What are the long term effects of daily Modafinil usage?
- Adrafinil vs Modafinil: Your Guide To Choosing the Best ‘Afinil
- How do caffeine and Modafinil interact?
- What are the effects of drinking alcohol while taking Modafinil?
- How long does Modafinil take to start working?
- Can I Use Modafinil For Depression? Dose and Prescription Information
- Modafinil: The Ultimate Cure For Jet Lag?
- How to Cure Writer’s Block with Modafinil
- Learn a New Language with the Help of Modafinil
- BREAKING: the FDA just banned all imports from Sun Pharmaceuticals, makers of Modalert (modafinil) and Waklert (R-modafinil)
Where to buy Modafinil
- Can You Buy Modafinil In Italy?
- Yes, You Can Buy Modafinil in Argentina (Here’s How)
- Modafinil is Now Available for Purchase in Australia 
- Buying Modafinil in China: What You Should Know
- Modafinil in Canada: Can it be Bought Up North?
- Is it Possible to Buy Modafinil in Mexico OTC? Yep, it Sure is.
- Can You Buy Modafinil in Chile?
- How To Get Modafinil in Colombia (Online and Offline)
- Where To Buy Modafinil Online in 2017
- Can you buy Adrafinil or Modafinil in stores?
- Can you buy Modafinil in the Philippines?
- How I Managed To Get A Prescription For Provigil (Modafinil)
- Is it safe to buy Modafinil (Provigil) online?
- My Experience Using Fluorenol as an Alternative to Modafinil
- The 3 Best Modafinil Alternatives
- 6 Natural Alternatives to Alpha Brain and Modafinil